Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2014, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default What is it?

I was in an Asian shop yesterday and came across a veg I've never seen
before, stems around 2 1/2 ft long as thick as my thumb, bunch of leaves
at the top.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps19783ca4.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps366050a4.jpg
The lad in charge didn't know it's name, but you peal and cook the stem,
and can use the leaves like spinach.
Unfortunately when I wasn't looking he folded it to get it into the bag
and snapped the stem in half.
Needless to say I am going to try to grow it.
They also had beans
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps96287fb4.jpg

I don't expect I will get a viable bean from the pod.
David @ an almost tropical side of Swansea Bay