GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fish blood and bone on top of soil (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/209529-fish-blood-bone-top-soil.html)

T James 11-04-2014 10:41 AM

Fish blood and bone on top of soil

We have some bamboo growing in plastic recycle boxes. Can I just sprinkle
fish
blood and bone on top of the soil surface or would some critters come and
eat it?

[email protected] 11-04-2014 10:06 PM

Fish blood and bone on top of soil

On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 10:41:39 +0100, "T James"
wrote:

We have some bamboo growing in plastic recycle boxes. Can I just sprinkle
fish
blood and bone on top of the soil surface or would some critters come and
eat it?

IME, foxes will excavate, looking for carrion.

JonH

Pete C[_2_] 11-04-2014 10:32 PM

On 11/04/2014 10:41, T James wrote:
We have some bamboo growing in plastic recycle boxes. Can I just sprinkle
fish
blood and bone on top of the soil surface or would some critters come and
eat it?

Work it into the soil and then water.
Pete C
adventure before dementure
http://www.scar-crockenhill.org/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Secon...57749060989952

David Hill 12-04-2014 09:44 AM

Fish blood and bone on top of soil

On 11/04/2014 10:41, T James wrote:
We have some bamboo growing in plastic recycle boxes. Can I just sprinkle
fish
blood and bone on top of the soil surface or would some critters come and
eat it?

Who knows, depends where you are.
Here if I did that then the foxes would be digging looking for the food,
I can't even dig it in as they still think there is food around.
David @ an overcast side of Swansea Bay