GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Florabest water timer (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/209675-florabest-water-timer.html)

Timothy Murphy 06-05-2014 09:40 AM

Florabest water timer

My cheapo Florabest (Lidl?) water timer just went wild,
and seemed to re-start watering as soon as it had finished.

Has anyone had problems with this timer?
I also found it rather hard to configure;
even before it stopped working properly
it was prone to revert to the default watering frequency,
which is every 8 hours.

(I have a more expensive Hozelock timer
which has been working fine for years.
I guess in something like this it is cheaper to pay a bit more ...)

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

Roger Tonkin[_2_] 06-05-2014 07:36 PM

Florabest water timer

In article ,
says...

My cheapo Florabest (Lidl?) water timer just went wild,
and seemed to re-start watering as soon as it had finished.

Has anyone had problems with this timer?
I also found it rather hard to configure;
even before it stopped working properly
it was prone to revert to the default watering frequency,
which is every 8 hours.

(I have a more expensive Hozelock timer
which has been working fine for years.
I guess in something like this it is cheaper to pay a bit more ...)

Checked/replaced the battery?

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

Timothy Murphy 07-05-2014 01:10 PM

Florabest water timer

Roger Tonkin wrote:

My cheapo Florabest (Lidl?) water timer just went wild,
and seemed to re-start watering as soon as it had finished.

Has anyone had problems with this timer?
I also found it rather hard to configure;
even before it stopped working properly
it was prone to revert to the default watering frequency,
which is every 8 hours.

Checked/replaced the battery?

I did indeed check the batteries, with a battery tester.
I'll try replacing the batteries (2 x AA).
But I would say that water timers should be programmed
to turn off if the batteries fail.