Old 06-05-2014, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Florabest water timer

My cheapo Florabest (Lidl?) water timer just went wild,
and seemed to re-start watering as soon as it had finished.

Has anyone had problems with this timer?
I also found it rather hard to configure;
even before it stopped working properly
it was prone to revert to the default watering frequency,
which is every 8 hours.

(I have a more expensive Hozelock timer
which has been working fine for years.
I guess in something like this it is cheaper to pay a bit more ...)

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

Old 07-05-2014, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Roger Tonkin wrote:

My cheapo Florabest (Lidl?) water timer just went wild,
and seemed to re-start watering as soon as it had finished.

Has anyone had problems with this timer?
I also found it rather hard to configure;
even before it stopped working properly
it was prone to revert to the default watering frequency,
which is every 8 hours.

Checked/replaced the battery?

I did indeed check the batteries, with a battery tester.
I'll try replacing the batteries (2 x AA).
But I would say that water timers should be programmed
to turn off if the batteries fail.