Old 13-05-2014, 04:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Replacing double built in oven help please

My Creda Europaplus double oven will need replacing shortly. Are double
fitted ovens a standard size, in other words ill it fit neatly into the
hole in the kitchen units? I assume it is a fairly straight forward job,
any snags likely to arise?
Old 13-05-2014, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13/05/2014 16:39, Broadback wrote:
My Creda Europaplus double oven will need replacing shortly. Are double
fitted ovens a standard size, in other words ill it fit neatly into the
hole in the kitchen units? I assume it is a fairly straight forward job,
any snags likely to arise?

Whoops sorry wrong news group, please ignore.
Old 13-05-2014, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote

My Creda Europaplus double oven will need replacing shortly. Are double
fitted ovens a standard size, in other words ill it fit neatly into the
hole in the kitchen units? I assume it is a fairly straight forward job,
any snags likely to arise?

I'll answer it anyway.
No they are not, the height depends on if it's a top and main oven or two
ovens exactly the same size.
A quick look at random shows 107.7 H x 59.5 W X 56.7 D and 88.5 H x 59.6 W x
56.2 D from the same manufacturer and Meile make one 76.2 wide!!
Don't forget the weight too, some of the better made ones with two full
sized ovens are extremely heavy, more than one man can shift and a struggle
for two. The shelf it sits on may also need strengthening if the new one is
heavier.
If the one you have has a small top oven you could consider a single oven
and a warming drawer.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 13-05-2014, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote
"Bob Hobden"wrote:

"Broadback" wrote

[...]

We had no problems replacing a Miele oven with an AEG oven. The replacement
fitted exactly.

When we had a double oven (top and main) replaced with a Meile double oven
(two ovens the same size) we had to have the fitters back to change the
kitchen unit, with new different sized doors and shelves moved and
strengthened.
You can look the sizes up on the net so it's not difficult to find an oven
to fit unless the Chef wants something specific.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.