GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Just too late (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/210213-just-too-late.html)

Tomin Dotsson 11-07-2014 01:14 PM

Just too late

we left the goosegogs for just another day to sweeten up in the sunshine and
lost
half the crop overnight to birds then we did the same with the redcurrants
with
the same result time to invest in some fruit cages perhaps

David Hill 11-07-2014 01:20 PM

Just too late

On 11/07/2014 13:14, Tomin Dotsson wrote:
we left the goosegogs for just another day to sweeten up in the sunshine and
lost
half the crop overnight to birds then we did the same with the redcurrants
with
the same result time to invest in some fruit cages perhaps

Or pick a day earlier and let them finish ripening indoors

Nick Maclaren[_3_] 11-07-2014 01:26 PM

Just too late

In article ,
David Hill wrote:
On 11/07/2014 13:14, Tomin Dotsson wrote:
we left the goosegogs for just another day to sweeten up in the sunshine and
lost
half the crop overnight to birds then we did the same with the redcurrants
with
the same result time to invest in some fruit cages perhaps

Or pick a day earlier and let them finish ripening indoors

Statistical error: inadmissable stopping rule.

There is a rule for timing toast,
You never have to guess;
Just wait until it starts to smoke,
Then twenty seconds less.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Derek Turner 12-07-2014 10:27 AM

Just too late

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 13:14:43 +0100, Tomin Dotsson wrote:

time to invest in some fruit cages perhaps

Have a look at Two Wests and Elliot - they seem to be a good design and
not outrageously expensive. No connection other than as customer.

philgurr 12-07-2014 08:44 PM

Just too late

"Derek Turner" wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 13:14:43 +0100, Tomin Dotsson wrote:

time to invest in some fruit cages perhaps

Have a look at Two Wests and Elliot - they seem to be a good design and
not outrageously expensive. ...........

Unless you live in the north of Scotland!

Ardmhor

Christina Websell 12-07-2014 11:07 PM

Just too late

"Tomin Dotsson" wrote in message
we left the goosegogs for just another day to sweeten up in the sunshine
and lost
half the crop overnight to birds then we did the same with the redcurrants
with
the same result time to invest in some fruit cages perhaps

depends whether it costs more to have fruit cages or buy fruit in the
supermarket