Old 11-07-2014, 01:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Just too late

we left the goosegogs for just another day to sweeten up in the sunshine and
lost
half the crop overnight to birds then we did the same with the redcurrants
with
the same result time to invest in some fruit cages perhaps

Old 11-07-2014, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/07/2014 13:14, Tomin Dotsson wrote:
we left the goosegogs for just another day to sweeten up in the sunshine and
lost
half the crop overnight to birds then we did the same with the redcurrants
with
the same result time to invest in some fruit cages perhaps

Or pick a day earlier and let them finish ripening indoors
Old 11-07-2014, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
David Hill wrote:
On 11/07/2014 13:14, Tomin Dotsson wrote:
we left the goosegogs for just another day to sweeten up in the sunshine and
lost
half the crop overnight to birds then we did the same with the redcurrants
with
the same result time to invest in some fruit cages perhaps

Or pick a day earlier and let them finish ripening indoors

Statistical error: inadmissable stopping rule.

There is a rule for timing toast,
You never have to guess;
Just wait until it starts to smoke,
Then twenty seconds less.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 13:14:43 +0100, Tomin Dotsson wrote:

time to invest in some fruit cages perhaps

Have a look at Two Wests and Elliot - they seem to be a good design and
not outrageously expensive. No connection other than as customer.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Derek Turner" wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 13:14:43 +0100, Tomin Dotsson wrote:

time to invest in some fruit cages perhaps

Have a look at Two Wests and Elliot - they seem to be a good design and
not outrageously expensive. ...........

Unless you live in the north of Scotland!

Ardmhor

Old 12-07-2014, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Tomin Dotsson" wrote in message
we left the goosegogs for just another day to sweeten up in the sunshine
and lost
half the crop overnight to birds then we did the same with the redcurrants
with
the same result time to invest in some fruit cages perhaps

depends whether it costs more to have fruit cages or buy fruit in the
supermarket

Is it just my bad gardening (planting my tomatoes out too late) orhas the weather just been awful for growing peppers and tomates furlow United Kingdom 16 02-09-2010 07:23 PM
How late is too late? ZeroWing North Carolina 3 20-06-2005 12:24 AM
How late is too late? FBCS Ponds 12 29-08-2003 01:04 AM
Help! Brown lawn. Too short, Too long, Too much water or Too lois Lawns 0 27-08-2003 03:24 AM