Old 10-09-2014, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default New Plant ID App

New Plant ID App Links Consumers To Nurseries

A new smartphone app is set to be launched that can identify plants
straight from uploaded photos – and link consumers to nurseries where
they can buy them from.

PlantSnapp The brainchild of amateur botanist George Williams and serial
entrepreneur Angus Rankine, the PlantSnapp app combines a network of
horticultural experts with the latest photo recognition software to try
and “connect customers with plant nurseries”.

Available on iPhone and iPad platforms, the app incorporates an initial
database of more than 6,000 plant species. Users simply upload photos of
the flowers or plants they want to identify using their smartphone, then
the app provides the name, information about the variety, and direct
links through to HTA-certified nurseries where they can be bought from.

George Williams told Horticulture Week: “We want people to have access
to any plant that catches their eye at the touch of a button, and if we
can boost the popularity of gardening as a result and in turn make
Britain a greener place that would be a wonderful achievement.”

The app has also been developed in partnership with the Bumblebee
Conservation Trust, which will receive a percentage of the profits from
the venture.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote

[...]

Ok for Sue but although she has an iPad she never takes it anywhere with
her, we both have Windows phones and my tablet is also Windows. So a Windows
version please.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 11-09-2014, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/09/2014 14:11, Bob Hobden wrote:
"David Hill" wrote

[...]

I passed on your comments and had the following reply

Hey David,

I know it is such a pain, really want to get this out on android too but
you have to start small and build from there. I will let you know when
we roll out on androids. We are trying to come up with a temporary
solution for the meantime and I will let you know if we work something out.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Kindest,

George

Old 11-09-2014, 03:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/09/2014 13:39, David Hill wrote:

I passed on your comments and had the following reply

Hey David,

I know it is such a pain, really want to get this out on android too but
you have to start small and build from there. I will let you know when
we roll out on androids. We are trying to come up with a temporary
solution for the meantime and I will let you know if we work something out.

Still not much good for Windows Phones though...

--
regards andy