Old 01-01-2016, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default New Year's day flowers

All the plants have at least one flower open, although some are past
their best.

Plants in the ground:
Camellia hiemalis "Bonanza"
Campanula pulla
Ceanothus arboreus "Trewithen Blue"
Convolvulus cneorum
Crocus (yellow)
Geranium "Orkney Cherry"
Grevillea rosmarinifolia
Grevillea victoriae
Hebe macrocarpa var latisepala
Hesperantha coccinea (pink)
Lapageria rosea
Limnanthes douglasii
Narcissus "Jetfire"
Osteospermum Serenity "Peach Magic"
Osteospermum 3D Berry White
Vestia foetida
Viburnum tinus "Lisa Rose"

Container plants:
Antirrhinum
Lobelia "Crystal Palace"
Marigold "Naughty Marietta"
Pelargonium
Polyanthus

Last week we had a flower on Helianthemum lasianthum

I also noticed an Allium schubertii about 10cm high. A Bomarea
(salsilla?) is about 150cm high growing through a trellis. There are
many shrubs with new growth on them.

--

Jeff
Old 01-01-2016, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 01/01/2016 11:28, Jeff Layman wrote:
[...]

Not a lot out here but I do still have a flower on Dahlia Tenucaulis, as
well as Having had daffs in flower for almost a month.
Fuchsia Magellanica Alba
Camellia (Single pink) with one flower and 2 buds in colour, all the
rest of the bush in tight bud.
So to have daffs, dahlia, camellia and fuchsia all in flower on new year
is crazy.
David @ a wet and windy side of Swansea Bay
Old 02-01-2016, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 01/01/2016 19:18, David Hill wrote:
[...]

Now today the first 2 crocus showing colour