GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Just checking (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/212523-just-checking.html)

Divingbrit 11-03-2016 08:31 AM

Just checking

Just checking , has my ISP dropped this newsgroup ?

philgurr 11-03-2016 08:54 AM

Just checking

"divingbrit" wrote in message
Just checking , has my ISP dropped this newsgroup ?

No

Phil

Phil L 13-03-2016 02:51 PM

Just checking

divingbrit wrote:
Just checking , has my ISP dropped this newsgroup ?

Not sure you'll see this, but Virginmedia had a news access problem a week
or two back, no new posts are showing from about 17th Feb onwards.
The way around it it to reset the local file, or unsubscribe to your groups
and then re-subscribe

stuart noble 13-03-2016 05:17 PM

Just checking

On 13/03/2016 14:51, Phil L wrote:
divingbrit wrote:
Just checking , has my ISP dropped this newsgroup ?

Not sure you'll see this, but Virginmedia had a news access problem a week
or two back, no new posts are showing from about 17th Feb onwards.
The way around it it to reset the local file, or unsubscribe to your groups
and then re-subscribe

I had to do it this way

tools account settings account actions remove account

going anywhere near the newsgroup folder with the mouse sent TB into a
tailspin

Divingbrit 14-03-2016 08:10 AM

Just checking

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 14:51:13 -0000, "Phil L"
wrote:

divingbrit wrote:
Just checking , has my ISP dropped this newsgroup ?

Not sure you'll see this, but Virginmedia had a news access problem a week
or two back, no new posts are showing from about 17th Feb onwards.
The way around it it to reset the local file, or unsubscribe to your groups
and then re-subscribe

Thanks, but of course without getting this (and other newsgroups) I
could not read your valuble info. Going to virginmedia website did not
help, but other sites are full of others about the missing groups. My
post 'just checking' did confirm, that no headers were getting
through, (as opposed to everyone too busy to post!) and as you say
resetting the local file worked.

Thanks

ps , did notice a lot of spam came through as well, next task, reset
all the filters!