Old 11-03-2016, 08:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Just checking

Just checking , has my ISP dropped this newsgroup ?
Old 11-03-2016, 08:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"divingbrit" wrote in message
Just checking , has my ISP dropped this newsgroup ?

No

Phil

Old 13-03-2016, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

divingbrit wrote:
Just checking , has my ISP dropped this newsgroup ?

Not sure you'll see this, but Virginmedia had a news access problem a week
or two back, no new posts are showing from about 17th Feb onwards.
The way around it it to reset the local file, or unsubscribe to your groups
and then re-subscribe

Old 13-03-2016, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13/03/2016 14:51, Phil L wrote:
divingbrit wrote:
Just checking , has my ISP dropped this newsgroup ?

Not sure you'll see this, but Virginmedia had a news access problem a week
or two back, no new posts are showing from about 17th Feb onwards.
The way around it it to reset the local file, or unsubscribe to your groups
and then re-subscribe

I had to do it this way

tools account settings account actions remove account

going anywhere near the newsgroup folder with the mouse sent TB into a
tailspin
Old 14-03-2016, 08:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 14:51:13 -0000, "Phil L"
wrote:

divingbrit wrote:
Just checking , has my ISP dropped this newsgroup ?

Not sure you'll see this, but Virginmedia had a news access problem a week
or two back, no new posts are showing from about 17th Feb onwards.
The way around it it to reset the local file, or unsubscribe to your groups
and then re-subscribe

Thanks, but of course without getting this (and other newsgroups) I
could not read your valuble info. Going to virginmedia website did not
help, but other sites are full of others about the missing groups. My
post 'just checking' did confirm, that no headers were getting
through, (as opposed to everyone too busy to post!) and as you say
resetting the local file worked.

Thanks

ps , did notice a lot of spam came through as well, next task, reset
all the filters!

Just checking Chip Ponds (moderated) 6 28-09-2008 10:57 PM
Checking in - Isabel FBCS Ponds 24 04-10-2003 05:06 AM
just checking K Barrett Orchids 4 14-04-2003 10:56 PM
Checking for Fry's MISSYMAGICGIRL Ponds 1 26-03-2003 03:20 AM
Checking the Moisture Level Or Kid Orchids 0 23-01-2003 07:55 AM