GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   strawberries (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/21277-strawberries.html)

H 08-05-2003 11:44 AM

strawberries

Ate my first batch of home-grown strawberries yesterday ;-)

Very very nice...

- h

Ophelia 08-05-2003 01:44 PM

strawberries

"H" wrote in message
Ate my first batch of home-grown strawberries yesterday ;-)

Very very nice...

Huh, mine are just coming into flower.

Ophelia
Scotland

H 08-05-2003 02:56 PM

strawberries

Ate my first batch of home-grown strawberries yesterday ;-)

Huh, mine are just coming into flower.

Mara de Bois variety, planted into a length of guttering and kept inside in
the heat and light.

- h
Suffolk

Ophelia 08-05-2003 03:56 PM

strawberries

"H" wrote in message
Ate my first batch of home-grown strawberries yesterday ;-)

Huh, mine are just coming into flower.

Mara de Bois variety, planted into a length of guttering and kept inside

in
the heat and light.

Oh I see... cheating huh LOL

Do they taste as good as your outdoor ones?

H 08-05-2003 04:08 PM

strawberries

Oh I see... cheating huh LOL

Do they taste as good as your outdoor ones?

Not sure yet.... the outdoor ones are still catching up.

- h

Ophelia 08-05-2003 05:20 PM

strawberries

"H" wrote in message
Oh I see... cheating huh LOL

Do they taste as good as your outdoor ones?

Not sure yet.... the outdoor ones are still catching up.

I am sure you will tell all when the time comes:)

Janet Baraclough 08-05-2003 10:08 PM

strawberries

The message
from "H" contains these words:

Ate my first batch of home-grown strawberries yesterday ;-)

Very very nice...

Very very early too..did you grow them under glass?

Janet.

Anthony E Anson 08-05-2003 10:08 PM

strawberries

The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:

"H" wrote in message
Ate my first batch of home-grown strawberries yesterday ;-)

Very very nice...

Huh, mine are just coming into flower.

Yes, but you'll be eating them for real when we down here are just
eating a plate of fond memories.

--
Tony
Replace solidi with dots to reply: tony/anson snailything zetnet/co/uk

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi

Alan Holmes 10-05-2003 08:56 PM

strawberries

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"H" wrote in message
Ate my first batch of home-grown strawberries yesterday ;-)

Very very nice...

Huh, mine are just coming into flower.

Some of mine have been in flower and the fruit is begining to set but I
wouldn't expect to have anything to eat for a few weeks yet.

Alan

Ophelia 10-05-2003 10:20 PM

strawberries

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"H" wrote in message
Ate my first batch of home-grown strawberries yesterday ;-)

Very very nice...

Huh, mine are just coming into flower.

Some of mine have been in flower and the fruit is begining to set but I
wouldn't expect to have anything to eat for a few weeks yet.

Indeed. I believe H was growing his indoors though:)

H 12-05-2003 11:20 PM

strawberries

Indeed. I believe H was growing his indoors though:)

Hers. And just had another great big plateful along with some organic
Guernsey cream... :-)

- h

Ophelia 13-05-2003 10:57 AM

strawberries

"H" wrote in message
Indeed. I believe H was growing his indoors though:)

Hers. And just had another great big plateful along with some organic
Guernsey cream... :-)

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmie