Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-02-2017, 02:56 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

Default Stepladder

On 21/02/17 14:41, Chris J Dixon wrote:
I need to do occasional stepladder work - trimming trees and my
neighbour's laurel, plus cleaning the caravan roof and seasonally
draping Christmas lights. My existing stepladder is not really
high enough, and stability can also be marginal.

I am wondering if it is time, as a precautionary investment to
reduce the risk of injury, to get something better.

The Rolls Royce solution might be something like the 10 ft
version of this:
https://www.niwaki.com/store/niwaki-tripod-ladder/

Are they as good as claimed?

Is there a better value alternative?

I would have to store it outdoors - any suggestions for chaining
it up securely?

Chris

Get an ordinary ladder and fit a stabiliser:
http://www.ladderstore.com/ladder-ac...sers-feet.html

Use a good-quality bicycle chain through several rungs to a secure wall
fixture.

--

Jeff