Old 25-05-2018, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Source of decorative(ish) pots larger than 50 cms internaldiameter?

The olive trees (amongst others) look as though they could do with a
bigger home, but the sheds don't seem to stock really large pots.

Any recommendations for an on line supplier?

Real pottery or fake stone equally acceptable.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Old 25-05-2018, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 25 May 2018 15:27:01 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

On 25 May 2018 14:03:34 GMT, David wrote:

The olive trees (amongst others) look as though they could do with a
bigger home, but the sheds don't seem to stock really large pots.

Any recommendations for an on line supplier?

Real pottery or fake stone equally acceptable.

Cheers

Dave R

Sounds like you want a planter or tub rather than a pot as such. Have
you considered oak half-barrels? These people seem to do a range of
sizes up to 39in. but they'll cost ya! Worth a browse through the
categories in the side panel:
https://www.thebarrelmakers.co.uk/de...rrel_planters/

page/1/
or https://bit.ly/2GSyi1O if it wraps

Interesting thought.

I had some oak half barrels back in the day but they eventually rotted.
Most of the plastic pots from then are still in use.

I realised I didn't set a budget target - around £50 would be good, not
the £150 I am seeing for a mix of stone and fibreglass.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Old 30-05-2018, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Friday, 25 May 2018 15:03:36 UTC+1, David wrote:
The olive trees (amongst others) look as though they could do with a
bigger home, but the sheds don't seem to stock really large pots.

Any recommendations for an on line supplier?

Real pottery or fake stone equally acceptable.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Whichford Pottery. They are very good quality but a bit pricey.

https://www.whichfordpottery.com/

Jonathan
Old 02-06-2018, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Whichford Pottery. They are very good quality but a bit pricey.

https://www.whichfordpottery.com/

Indeed so. If you can visit, they do have a "seconds" selection,
much of which has barely visible faults and good reductions, and
you could make a day of it with lunch at their excellent cafe.

Now I have to decide what to put in the pots I bought last week.
;-)

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 02 Jun 2018 08:59:46 +0100, Chris J Dixon wrote:

wrote:

Whichford Pottery. They are very good quality but a bit pricey.

https://www.whichfordpottery.com/

Indeed so. If you can visit, they do have a "seconds" selection,
much of which has barely visible faults and good reductions, and you
could make a day of it with lunch at their excellent cafe.

Now I have to decide what to put in the pots I bought last week.
;-)

Chris

Sadly the Cotswolds is slightly too far to just pop over for lunch.

Also the fuel costs are likely to dwarf any savings on seconds.

However somewhere to bear in mind if we are ever over in that direction.

Cheers

Dave R

---