GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Clematis ( I am a newbie) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/22954-clematis-i-am-newbie.html)

Evelyn Usher 17-05-2003 04:44 PM

Clematis ( I am a newbie)

Hi there,

I am quite new to gardening.
Can I re-pot my Clematis Now? It is in a large plastic container and I would like to re-pot
it in a wooden container. It is just coming into flower. I think the plant is a Montana
Would it be better to leave it till it stops flowering?

--
Evelyn in Scotland

Emrys Davies 17-05-2003 05:44 PM

Clematis ( I am a newbie)

'Evelyn',

If you can re-pot it without there being any root disturbance everything
will be fine, otherwise best to wait until it has flowered.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

. ..

stephane Boutin 17-05-2003 07:32 PM

Clematis ( I am a newbie)

Me myself would not re pot a plant that is in flower
But like Davies said if you don't disturbe the roots it should be ok. I'f
your climatis is root bound then you should have no problem.

steph
Evelyn Usher a écrit dans le message :
Hi there,

I am quite new to gardening.
Can I re-pot my Clematis Now? It is in a large plastic container and I

would like to re-pot
it in a wooden container. It is just coming into flower. I think the

plant is a Montana
Would it be better to leave it till it stops flowering?

--
Evelyn in Scotland

---

Evelyn Usher 17-05-2003 07:56 PM

Clematis ( I am a newbie)

In article 3ec68023$1_1@newsfeed, (stephane Boutin)
wrote:

Me myself would not re pot a plant that is in flower
But like Davies said if you don't disturbe the roots it should be ok.
I'f
your climatis is root bound then you should have no problem.

steph
Evelyn Usher a écrit dans le message :
Hi there,

I am quite new to gardening.
Can I re-pot my Clematis Now? It is in a large plastic container
and I

would like to re-pot
it in a wooden container. It is just coming into flower. I think
the

plant is a Montana
Would it be better to leave it till it stops flowering?

--
Evelyn in Scotland

---

Thanks for replies. I think I will leave it to it finishes flowering, but I will check tomorrow
to see how easy it is going to be. Tonight it is raining.

--
Evelyn

bnd777 17-05-2003 09:44 PM

Clematis ( I am a newbie)

Montanas round here stopped flowering weeks back
but to repot any plant when its flowering is not a good idea wait till
autumn