Old 17-05-2003, 04:44 PM
Evelyn Usher

Default Clematis ( I am a newbie)

Hi there,

I am quite new to gardening.
Can I re-pot my Clematis Now? It is in a large plastic container and I would like to re-pot
it in a wooden container. It is just coming into flower. I think the plant is a Montana
Would it be better to leave it till it stops flowering?

--
Evelyn in Scotland

Old 17-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Emrys Davies

'Evelyn',

If you can re-pot it without there being any root disturbance everything
will be fine, otherwise best to wait until it has flowered.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

. ..

Old 17-05-2003, 07:32 PM
stephane Boutin

Me myself would not re pot a plant that is in flower
But like Davies said if you don't disturbe the roots it should be ok. I'f
your climatis is root bound then you should have no problem.

steph
Evelyn Usher a écrit dans le message :
Hi there,

I am quite new to gardening.
Can I re-pot my Clematis Now? It is in a large plastic container and I

would like to re-pot
it in a wooden container. It is just coming into flower. I think the

plant is a Montana
Would it be better to leave it till it stops flowering?

--
Evelyn in Scotland

---

Old 17-05-2003, 09:44 PM
bnd777

Montanas round here stopped flowering weeks back
but to repot any plant when its flowering is not a good idea wait till
autumn