GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   lawn daisy (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/27142-lawn-daisy.html)

hayley 19-05-2003 12:01 PM

lawn daisy

can any one recommend a supplier of lawn daisy (Bellis perennis) plug plants
or seed please as I'd really like them in my lawn. TIA,
Hayley

Tim 19-05-2003 12:32 PM

lawn daisy

On Mon, 19 May 2003 11:53:08 +0100, hayley
wrote:

can any one recommend a supplier of lawn daisy (Bellis perennis) plug
plants
or seed please as I'd really like them in my lawn. TIA,
Hayley

try : http://www.wildflower.org.uk/ or :
http://www.wildflowerlinks.co.uk/seeds.htm

I think I got some via Thomson & Morgan.

Tim.

Helen 19-05-2003 05:08 PM

lawn daisy

Hello. You will almost certainly be able to get the seed from Chiltern
Seeds or Suffolk Herbs. But.....do you know anyone with daisies in
their lawn - just dig up a few and transplant them to your lawn. It is
lovely to hear of someone who appreciates these pretty flowers. Some
people actually try to get rid of them! - Unbelievable.
Anyway, best of luck!

Bazza 19-05-2003 09:32 PM

lawn daisy

On Mon, 19 May 2003 13:08:44 +0200, Tim
wibbled:

wrote:

can any one recommend a supplier of lawn daisy (Bellis perennis) plug
plants
or seed please as I'd really like them in my lawn. TIA,
Hayley

try : http://www.wildflower.org.uk/ or :
http://www.wildflowerlinks.co.uk/seeds.htm

I think I got some via Thomson & Morgan.

I looked around for some last year as our lawn is sadly daisyless but
couldn't find anything. I followed the links above and eventually on a
link from wildflowerlinks page found some. Unfortunately a packet of
seed costs £1.50 plus £5 p&p. The search continues.

Barry Smith bazzas at btinternet.com
'It's not easy ... building Xanadu in the backstreets of Weatherfield.'

Mark 20-05-2003 10:56 AM

lawn daisy

wrote:

can any one recommend a supplier of lawn daisy (Bellis perennis) plug
plants
or seed please as I'd really like them in my lawn. TIA,
Hayley

try : http://www.wildflower.org.uk/ or :
http://www.wildflowerlinks.co.uk/seeds.htm

I think I got some via Thomson & Morgan.

I looked around for some last year as our lawn is sadly daisyless but
couldn't find anything. I followed the links above and eventually on a
link from wildflowerlinks page found some. Unfortunately a packet of
seed costs £1.50 plus £5 p&p. The search continues.

http://www.mr-fothergills.co.uk/acat...llis_seed.html 1.49 and free
shipping

Mark

Janet Baraclough 20-05-2003 04:20 PM

lawn daisy

The message
from (Helen) contains these words:

Hello. You will almost certainly be able to get the seed from Chiltern
Seeds or Suffolk Herbs. But.....do you know anyone with daisies in
their lawn - just dig up a few and transplant them to your lawn. It is
lovely to hear of someone who appreciates these pretty flowers. Some
people actually try to get rid of them! - Unbelievable.

I love them too. Believe it or not, lawn daisies are quite picky
about location. At the last garden I tried for years to increase them,
with sparse results. This garden is the first I've ever had where they
grow really thick and fast in great carpets across the grass, as
recalled from childhood daisy-chain days. I also like to see lots of
blue speedwell in the lawn.

Janet.

Bazza 21-05-2003 10:56 PM

lawn daisy

On Tue, 20 May 2003 10:51:20 +0100, "Mark"
wibbled:

"Bazza" wrote in message
.. .

I looked around for some last year as our lawn is sadly daisyless but
couldn't find anything. I followed the links above and eventually on a
link from wildflowerlinks page found some. Unfortunately a packet of
seed costs £1.50 plus £5 p&p. The search continues.

http://www.mr-fothergills.co.uk/acat...llis_seed.html 1.49 and free
shipping

I had a look and nice as they are, they're not the sort of daisy that
inhabits most lawns (but not ours). Thanks anyway. I had a look on all
the seed stands today at Chelsea and turned up nothing. Maybe I should
have just taken some from the grass round the bandstand.

Barry Smith bazzas at btinternet.com
'It's not easy ... building Xanadu in the backstreets of Weatherfield.'

hayley 22-05-2003 10:20 PM

lawn daisy

You will almost certainly be able to get the seed from Chiltern
Seeds or Suffolk Herbs.

Thanks for all the replies.

have just looked and Chiltern seeds do have them - P&P only 80p and £1.22 a
packet for the seeds :)
Hayley