GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hedge (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/27547-hedge.html)

Michael Sexton 19-05-2003 05:20 PM

Hedge

Hello,

I planted twelve hedge 'pieces' last October in my front garden just
inside from the public pavement. Now they are around three/four feet
tall. Should I trim them back to one/two feet? A friend said to me
that doing this would facilitate the hedge growing wider and more
bushy giving us more privacy rather than just going straight up.

Kind regards,
Michael

bnd777 19-05-2003 10:44 PM

Hedge

You do not say what species of hedge .......i would guess at Leylandi
Dont forget that if the hedge encroaches onto the pavement you can and will
be forced to keep it trimmed back
If these "hedge pieces" are Leylandii you will need to trim back at least 2
if not 3 times a year

om...