Old 19-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Michael Sexton

Default Hedge

Hello,

I planted twelve hedge 'pieces' last October in my front garden just
inside from the public pavement. Now they are around three/four feet
tall. Should I trim them back to one/two feet? A friend said to me
that doing this would facilitate the hedge growing wider and more
bushy giving us more privacy rather than just going straight up.

Kind regards,
Michael
Old 19-05-2003, 10:44 PM
bnd777

You do not say what species of hedge .......i would guess at Leylandi
Dont forget that if the hedge encroaches onto the pavement you can and will
be forced to keep it trimmed back
If these "hedge pieces" are Leylandii you will need to trim back at least 2
if not 3 times a year

"Michael Sexton" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

I planted twelve hedge 'pieces' last October in my front garden just
inside from the public pavement. Now they are around three/four feet
tall. Should I trim them back to one/two feet? A friend said to me
that doing this would facilitate the hedge growing wider and more
bushy giving us more privacy rather than just going straight up.

Kind regards,
Michael

Can I trim a beech hedge with a petrol hedge cutter? smileygonzo1961 United Kingdom 22 27-09-2008 11:50 PM
Beech Hedge Jimbo United Kingdom 3 04-06-2003 04:56 PM
New Common Laurel Hedge Dying? Miles United Kingdom 1 25-04-2003 08:45 PM
Arborvitae Hedge ' Emerald Green' Phil Gardening 6 19-03-2003 03:20 PM
Privet Hedge IBM United Kingdom 6 07-03-2003 08:55 AM