GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Acer with brown tips on leaves (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/27557-acer-brown-tips-leaves.html)

Randall P. McMurphy 19-05-2003 06:20 PM

Acer with brown tips on leaves

what is causing this?

rpm

Chris Stewart 19-05-2003 06:32 PM

Acer with brown tips on leaves

"Randall P. McMurphy" wrote in message
what is causing this?

rpm

In a word, wind - if it's in a pot, can you shift it to a more sheltered
site, or if it's in the ground, can you plant some protective stuff round it
to lessen the effect of the wind??

Chris S

Brian Watson 19-05-2003 08:32 PM

"Chris Stewart" wrote in message

"Randall P. McMurphy" wrote in message
what is causing this?

rpm

In a word, wind

Yep, what Chris said.

--
Brian
"I know about kittens and knitting. Will that do?"

bnd777 19-05-2003 08:56 PM

Acer with brown tips on leaves

Probably sun scorch or wind scorch ........Acers need a semi shaded
protected position

Randall P. McMurphy 20-05-2003 12:56 PM

Acer with brown tips on leaves

thanks for that people! it is a bit windswept and in a sunny
position....are they supposed to loos leaves in winter too?

rpm

K 20-05-2003 01:32 PM

:
: thanks for that people! it is a bit windswept and in a sunny
: position....are they supposed to loos leaves in winter too?
:
: rpm
:
Yes they do lose their leaves in winter. I've got 2 small ones in pots
standing on the patio by a wall so they are reasonably sheltered and are
looking healthy.

Randall P. McMurphy 20-05-2003 03:08 PM

Acer with brown tips on leaves

its my red leaved one that seems to get brown edges my green leaved one
doesn't. will move them to other side of courtyard now.

rpm