Old 19-05-2003, 06:20 PM
Randall P. McMurphy

Default Acer with brown tips on leaves

what is causing this?

rpm

Old 19-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Chris Stewart

"Randall P. McMurphy" wrote in message
what is causing this?

rpm

In a word, wind - if it's in a pot, can you shift it to a more sheltered
site, or if it's in the ground, can you plant some protective stuff round it
to lessen the effect of the wind??

Chris S

Old 19-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Brian Watson

"Chris Stewart" wrote in message

"Randall P. McMurphy" wrote in message
what is causing this?

rpm

In a word, wind

Yep, what Chris said.

--
Brian
"I know about kittens and knitting. Will that do?"

Old 19-05-2003, 08:56 PM
bnd777

Probably sun scorch or wind scorch ........Acers need a semi shaded
protected position

Old 20-05-2003, 12:56 PM
Randall P. McMurphy

thanks for that people! it is a bit windswept and in a sunny
position....are they supposed to loos leaves in winter too?

rpm

Old 20-05-2003, 01:32 PM

"Randall P. McMurphy" wrote in message
:
: thanks for that people! it is a bit windswept and in a sunny
: position....are they supposed to loos leaves in winter too?
:
: rpm
:
Yes they do lose their leaves in winter. I've got 2 small ones in pots
standing on the patio by a wall so they are reasonably sheltered and are
looking healthy.

Old 20-05-2003, 03:08 PM
Randall P. McMurphy

its my red leaved one that seems to get brown edges my green leaved one
doesn't. will move them to other side of courtyard now.

rpm