Old 20-05-2003, 01:20 PM
Dicky

Default Help!!!

Dear everyone,
I have a paphiopedilum called armeniacum. There are
three young runners. The small, bottom leaves became brown. Besides, the old
runner which had flower before became brown too. What is this?

--
---

If you love orchids, don't wait! Visit this website to get more advantages.
http://hk.geocities.com/dicky_paphiopedilum/

Old 20-05-2003, 03:56 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

"Dicky" wrote in message,
I have a paphiopedilum called armeniacum. There are
three young runners. The small, bottom leaves became brown. Besides, the

old
runner which had flower before became brown too. What is this?

Rotting from the base sounds like you are keeping it too wet, in too damp an
atmosphere, with the roots in too wet (or old) compost. Yes they do need
moisture but it has to be coupled with air movement to keep the air buoyant
and fresh. Do you have it right next to the glass in a stuffy position?
Paphs also seem to like more light than previously taught, perhaps it's
because the light levels in this country are so low anyway.
Do you flush through with rainwater now and again to clean out any salt
build-up in the compost?

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM