Old 22-05-2003, 02:20 PM
geoff

Default Let's have a laugh.

Urglers,

Having just writ about a tittering of magpies, I thought it about time we
all tried to give an amusing collective noun for something to do with
gardening.

Examples :- the collective noun for weeds; a "backbreaking" of weeds. A
"snot" of slugs perhaps!

We all know of a "pride" of lions, but what about dandylions?

Now you have a go!

Regards

Geoff

Old 22-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Tim

We all know of a "pride" of lions, but what about dandylions?

A "vanity" of dandylions ?
Tim

Old 22-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Helen Deborah Vecht

Thus spake "geoff"

We all know of a "pride" of lions, but what about dandylions?

A clockshop?

A chain of daisies

Old 22-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Graham Anstey

On Thu, 22 May 2003 14:08:43 +0100, "geoff"
wrote:

We all know of a "pride" of lions, but what about dandylions?

A shame of dandylions.

A Dimmock of water features.

A perfume of roses.

An annoyance of cats...

Graham
Old 22-05-2003, 03:32 PM
Mike

In article , Helen Deborah Vecht
writes
Thus spake "geoff"

We all know of a "pride" of lions, but what about dandylions?

A clockshop?

"Oh I do like your hairstyle, it reminds me of a clock, 'blow'
1 O'clock, 'blow' 2 O'clock, 'blow' 3 O'clock, 'blow' 4 O'clock"

Forthcoming reunions. H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more

Old 22-05-2003, 03:44 PM
Elizabeth

"Graham Anstey" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 22 May 2003 14:08:43 +0100, "geoff"
wrote:

A Dimmock of water features.

Good one!

Elizabeth

Old 22-05-2003, 04:32 PM
Pickle

A "rod" of drains (just spent the whole day unblocking mine when I wanted to
do some gardening)

A speckle of starlings?

A munch of caterpillars

Pickle

Old 22-05-2003, 05:08 PM
David W.E. Roberts

A despair of ground elder?

A contention of Leylandii?

An irritation of nettles?

Old 22-05-2003, 07:32 PM
Rod

"geoff" wrote in message ...
Urglers,

Having just writ about a tittering of magpies, I thought it about time we
all tried to give an amusing collective noun for something to do with
gardening.

a grouch of gardeners? .....................Nah surely not :~))

Rod

Old 22-05-2003, 09:32 PM
David Hill

Has to be a tangle of Bindweed

a Flotilla of docks

and certainly a Gabble of T.V. gardening presenters

Old 22-05-2003, 10:20 PM
Andy Spragg

"geoff" pushed briefly to the front of
the queue on Thu, 22 May 2003 14:08:43 +0100, and nailed this to the
shed door:

^ We all know of a "pride" of lions, but what about dandylions?

A pride-in-their-appearance.
A rich vain.

Andy
--

"No, you claim the magpie is to blame for all the
worlds ills, based on your ignorance of magpies."

Old 22-05-2003, 10:20 PM
Andy Spragg

Helen Deborah Vecht pushed briefly to the
front of the queue on Thu, 22 May 2003 14:40:52 +0100, and nailed this
to the shed door:

^ Thus spake "geoff"

^ We all know of a "pride" of lions, but what about dandylions?
^
^ A clockshop?
^
^ A chain of daisies

Hello, HDV! Fancy bumping into you here.

An orchestra of violas.
A presumption of Livingstone daisies.
A shock of fuchsias (think Alvin Toffler).
A surplus of stock.

Andy