GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tall Delphiniums? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/28164-tall-delphiniums.html)

Cupra 22-05-2003 03:56 PM

Tall Delphiniums?

This year my Delphiniums are rocketing up..... flower spikes just =
starting to form at nearly 5ft! Not used to this sort of size- is it =
unusual??.

David Hill 22-05-2003 09:32 PM

Tall Delphiniums?

Some varieties will grow a lot higher........just remember the slugs can
still climb to the top

Cupra 22-05-2003 09:44 PM

Tall Delphiniums?

"David Hill" wrote in message
Some varieties will grow a lot higher........just remember the slugs can
still climb to the top

I'll keep a look out! Been quite fortunate this year - haven't lost a single
plant to slugs (yet!). I'm putting it down to the dry spell in Mar/Apr and
the family of Starlings nesting in my gutter (with lots of hungry kids
judging by the noise at sunrise - thus no pellets on garden!)

Mark 22-05-2003 10:56 PM

Tall Delphiniums?

"Cupra" wrote in message

"David Hill" wrote in message
Some varieties will grow a lot higher........just remember the slugs can
still climb to the top

I'll keep a look out! Been quite fortunate this year - haven't lost a

single
plant to slugs (yet!). I'm putting it down to the dry spell in Mar/Apr and
the family of Starlings nesting in my gutter (with lots of hungry kids
judging by the noise at sunrise - thus no pellets on garden!)

Same here, after three years we finally have loads of birds (including
sparrows) visiting (and nesting) the garden and the plants look much the
better for it, the Delphiniums look superb one of our first plants from
seed.

Mark