GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   BBC Cat hater's poll! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/28926-bbc-cat-haters-poll.html)

Peter Crosland 26-05-2003 11:56 AM

BBC Cat hater's poll!

The BBC are running a poll to find gardener's least favourite garden mammal.
You can vote at

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2937760.stm

Helen 26-05-2003 03:20 PM

BBC Cat hater's poll!

I note the title of your peice and also that the BBC poll is about
garden 'mammals'. No guesses then as to what you are voting for!
I for one am a cat LOVER. In fact I would go further and say that I do
not dislike any animal. The only mammals I have ever hated have been
human beings.
Are humans listed in the poll? I hope so.

Charlie 26-05-2003 03:32 PM

BBC Cat hater's poll!

Humans aren't mammals... they're viruses. (Anyone going to see the Matrix?
*Grin*)

Charlie.

om...

P Piper the second 26-05-2003 04:20 PM

BBC Cat hater's poll!

"Helen" wrote in message
om...
I note the title of your peice and also that the BBC poll is about
garden 'mammals'. No guesses then as to what you are voting for!
I for one am a cat LOVER. In fact I would go further and say that I do
not dislike any animal. The only mammals I have ever hated have been
human beings.
Are humans listed in the poll? I hope so.

if so my vote would go to cat haters

aj 26-05-2003 04:56 PM

BBC Cat hater's poll!

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
The BBC are running a poll to find gardener's least favourite garden

mammal.
You can vote at

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2937760.stm

do garden birds/small mammals get a vote?? I bet they would vote for the
feline vermin!

dommy 26-05-2003 07:09 PM

Pet killed by 'electric fence' :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/3049297.stm

:(

Harry Web 26-05-2003 09:44 PM

BBC Cat hater's poll!

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message ...
You can vote at
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2937760.stm

I think the poll had gone by the time I got there, but the one on the
Wild in Your Garden thing tonight was showing 8844 people think cats
should be kept in overnight as against 875 who think they should be
left out. If the Conservatives see that they'll be adopting anti-cat
policies before long...

The Wild in Garden poll is at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/programm...inyourgarden/.

martin 26-05-2003 10:11 PM

BBC Cat hater's poll!

On 26 May 2003 13:39:04 -0700, (Harry Web)
wrote:

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message ...
You can vote at
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2937760.stm

I think the poll had gone by the time I got there, but the one on the
Wild in Your Garden thing tonight was showing 8844 people think cats
should be kept in overnight as against 875 who think they should be
left out. If the Conservatives see that they'll be adopting anti-cat
policies before long...

a quick poll of our two cats showed that 100% of our cats prefer to be
out on the tiles at night.
--
martin

Peter Crosland 26-05-2003 10:56 PM

BBC Cat hater's poll!

Badly phrased I admit! The point is that there are numerous cat owners who
take a completely irresponsible attitude to their pet's damage to other
people's property.

martin 26-05-2003 11:08 PM

BBC Cat hater's poll!

On Mon, 26 May 2003 22:48:21 +0100, "Peter Crosland"
wrote:

Badly phrased I admit! The point is that there are numerous cat owners who
take a completely irresponsible attitude to their pet's damage to other
people's property.

a bit like dog owners attitudes to pavements?

--
martin

Victor West 26-05-2003 11:20 PM

BBC Cat hater's poll!

wrote:

Badly phrased I admit! The point is that there are numerous cat owners

who
take a completely irresponsible attitude to their pet's damage to other
people's property.

a bit like dog owners attitudes to pavements?

--

A bit like *some* dog owners attitudes to pavements!

Victor

K 27-05-2003 10:44 AM

BBC Cat hater's poll!

"Victor West" wrote in message
:
: ...
: wrote:
:
: Badly phrased I admit! The point is that there are numerous cat owners
: who
: take a completely irresponsible attitude to their pet's damage to other
: people's property.
:
: a bit like dog owners attitudes to pavements?
:
: --
:
: A bit like *some* dog owners attitudes to pavements!
:
: Victor
:
:A bit like some parents' attitudes to their children

martin 27-05-2003 01:22 PM

BBC Cat hater's poll!

On Tue, 27 May 2003 10:40:44 +0100, "K" wrote:

"Victor West" wrote in message
:
: ...
: wrote:
:
: Badly phrased I admit! The point is that there are numerous cat owners
: who
: take a completely irresponsible attitude to their pet's damage to other
: people's property.
:
: a bit like dog owners attitudes to pavements?
:
: --
:
: A bit like *some* dog owners attitudes to pavements!
:
: Victor
:
:A bit like some parents' attitudes to their children

A bit like some childrens' attitudes to their parents pets

--
martin

Charlie 27-05-2003 01:22 PM

BBC Cat hater's poll!

"martin" wrote in message
A bit like some childrens' attitudes to their parents pets

Huh?

Peter Crosland 27-05-2003 05:20 PM

BBC Cat hater's poll!

Yes!