Old 26-05-2003, 11:56 AM
Peter Crosland

Default BBC Cat hater's poll!

The BBC are running a poll to find gardener's least favourite garden mammal.
You can vote at

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2937760.stm

Old 26-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Helen

I note the title of your peice and also that the BBC poll is about
garden 'mammals'. No guesses then as to what you are voting for!
I for one am a cat LOVER. In fact I would go further and say that I do
not dislike any animal. The only mammals I have ever hated have been
human beings.
Are humans listed in the poll? I hope so.
Old 26-05-2003, 03:32 PM
Charlie

Humans aren't mammals... they're viruses. (Anyone going to see the Matrix?
*Grin*)

Charlie.

om...

Old 26-05-2003, 04:20 PM
P Piper the second

"Helen" wrote in message
om...
I note the title of your peice and also that the BBC poll is about
garden 'mammals'. No guesses then as to what you are voting for!
I for one am a cat LOVER. In fact I would go further and say that I do
not dislike any animal. The only mammals I have ever hated have been
human beings.
Are humans listed in the poll? I hope so.

if so my vote would go to cat haters

Old 26-05-2003, 04:56 PM
aj

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
The BBC are running a poll to find gardener's least favourite garden

mammal.
You can vote at

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2937760.stm

do garden birds/small mammals get a vote?? I bet they would vote for the
feline vermin!

Old 26-05-2003, 07:09 PM
Registered User

Location: London

Pet killed by 'electric fence'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/3049297.stm

Old 26-05-2003, 09:44 PM
Harry Web

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message ...
You can vote at
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2937760.stm

I think the poll had gone by the time I got there, but the one on the
Wild in Your Garden thing tonight was showing 8844 people think cats
should be kept in overnight as against 875 who think they should be
left out. If the Conservatives see that they'll be adopting anti-cat
policies before long...

The Wild in Garden poll is at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/programm...inyourgarden/.
Old 26-05-2003, 10:11 PM
martin

On 26 May 2003 13:39:04 -0700, (Harry Web)
wrote:

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message ...
You can vote at
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2937760.stm

I think the poll had gone by the time I got there, but the one on the
Wild in Your Garden thing tonight was showing 8844 people think cats
should be kept in overnight as against 875 who think they should be
left out. If the Conservatives see that they'll be adopting anti-cat
policies before long...

a quick poll of our two cats showed that 100% of our cats prefer to be
out on the tiles at night.
--
martin
Old 26-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Peter Crosland

Badly phrased I admit! The point is that there are numerous cat owners who
take a completely irresponsible attitude to their pet's damage to other
people's property.

Old 26-05-2003, 11:08 PM
martin

On Mon, 26 May 2003 22:48:21 +0100, "Peter Crosland"
wrote:

Badly phrased I admit! The point is that there are numerous cat owners who
take a completely irresponsible attitude to their pet's damage to other
people's property.

a bit like dog owners attitudes to pavements?

--
martin

Old 26-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Victor West

wrote:

Badly phrased I admit! The point is that there are numerous cat owners

who
take a completely irresponsible attitude to their pet's damage to other
people's property.

a bit like dog owners attitudes to pavements?

--

A bit like *some* dog owners attitudes to pavements!

Victor

Old 27-05-2003, 10:44 AM

"Victor West" wrote in message
:
: ...
: wrote:
:
: Badly phrased I admit! The point is that there are numerous cat owners
: who
: take a completely irresponsible attitude to their pet's damage to other
: people's property.
:
: a bit like dog owners attitudes to pavements?
:
: --
:
: A bit like *some* dog owners attitudes to pavements!
:
: Victor
:
:A bit like some parents' attitudes to their children

Old 27-05-2003, 01:22 PM
martin

On Tue, 27 May 2003 10:40:44 +0100, "K" wrote:

"Victor West" wrote in message
:
: ...
: wrote:
:
: Badly phrased I admit! The point is that there are numerous cat owners
: who
: take a completely irresponsible attitude to their pet's damage to other
: people's property.
:
: a bit like dog owners attitudes to pavements?
:
: --
:
: A bit like *some* dog owners attitudes to pavements!
:
: Victor
:
:A bit like some parents' attitudes to their children

A bit like some childrens' attitudes to their parents pets

--
martin
Old 27-05-2003, 01:22 PM
Charlie

"martin" wrote in message
A bit like some childrens' attitudes to their parents pets

Huh?

Old 27-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Peter Crosland

Yes!