GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pictures of plants in my garden, if your interested (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/28969-pictures-plants-my-garden-if-your-interested.html)

Phil Allen 26-05-2003 02:32 PM

Pictures of plants in my garden, if your interested

Hi

I've just been messing about with my new digital camera, and i've take
some pictures of some of the flowers in my garden.

They are at

http://www.photobox.co.uk/public/det...c_album=277084

let me know if you like them and i'll take some more as things start
to bloom.

Phil

Evelyn Usher 26-05-2003 10:33 PM

Pictures of plants in my garden, if your interested

let me know if you like them and i'll take some more as things start
to bloom.

Hi there,

Just looked at your pictures. Your lawn is beautiful. I am a newbie to gardening. My partner has
just got a new digital camera as well, and I have a rather nice Rhododendron which I am hoping he
will take a picture of tomorrow.

\Look for ward to seeing more of your wonderful garden.

--
Evelyn

see my dogs at http://www.maltese.clara.net

Chris Stewart 26-05-2003 10:56 PM

"Phil Allen" wrote in message
Hi

I've just been messing about with my new digital camera, and i've take
some pictures of some of the flowers in my garden.

They are at

http://www.photobox.co.uk/public/det...c_album=277084

let me know if you like them and i'll take some more as things start
to bloom.

Phil

Hi Phil,
I've had a look and I like them - what camera are you using?? See my
garden photos at

http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/cntstewart - done with a Fuji 4900 zoom.

Chris S

martin 26-05-2003 11:08 PM

Pictures of plants in my garden, if your interested

On Mon, 26 May 2003 22:54:25 +0100, "Chris Stewart"
wrote:

I've had a look and I like them - what camera are you using?? See my
garden photos at

http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/cntstewart - done with a Fuji 4900 zoom.

is that your wife?
--
martin

Phil Allen 27-05-2003 09:32 PM

Pictures of plants in my garden, if your interested

On Mon, 26 May 2003 22:20 +0100 (BST), (Evelyn
Usher) wrote:

Just looked at your pictures. Your lawn is beautiful. I am a newbie to gardening. My partner has
just got a new digital camera as well, and I have a rather nice Rhododendron which I am hoping he
will take a picture of tomorrow.

Thanks, the lawn takes some work to get like that as it's inundated
with moss and clover over winter. The key is to get the moss out
early, so i treated it to a feed and weed at the begining of april and
then used an electric lawn rake to remove the moss.

The only down side is that its growing like crazy now.

looking forward to your pics.

Phil

Phil Allen 27-05-2003 09:44 PM

Pictures of plants in my garden, if your interested

On Mon, 26 May 2003 22:54:25 +0100, "Chris Stewart"
wrote:

"Phil Allen" wrote in message
.. .
Hi

I've just been messing about with my new digital camera, and i've take
some pictures of some of the flowers in my garden.

They are at

http://www.photobox.co.uk/public/det...c_album=277084

let me know if you like them and i'll take some more as things start
to bloom.

Phil

Hi Phil,
I've had a look and I like them - what camera are you using?? See my
garden photos at

http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/cntstewart - done with a Fuji 4900 zoom.

Chris S

Hi Chris

Thanks, you have some fine pictures and a great looking garden, I see
you have taken the time to name your pictures, i must get round to
that myself one day.

I'm using a Canon IXUS v3, i've only had it a couple of weeks so im
still getting to grips with it. My main problem is getting it to
autofocus on the part of the plant i'm interested in, some of the
rejected shots had the stem in focus but not the flower head.

cheers
Phil

Neil Jones 27-05-2003 10:08 PM

"Chris Stewart" wrote in message ...
"Phil Allen" wrote in message
Hi

I've just been messing about with my new digital camera, and i've take
some pictures of some of the flowers in my garden.

They are at

http://www.photobox.co.uk/public/det...c_album=277084

let me know if you like them and i'll take some more as things start
to bloom.

Phil

Hi Phil,
I've had a look and I like them - what camera are you using?? See my
garden photos at

http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/cntstewart - done with a Fuji 4900 zoom.

Chris S

Nice photographs. The one of the butterfly labeled "Red Admiral I
think" is actually a Small Tortoiseshell. It is a fairly close
relative that also uses nettle as a caterpillar foodplant.

--
Neil Jones- http://www.butterflyguy.com/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn

Bart Bailey 28-05-2003 12:20 AM

Pictures of plants in my garden, if your interested

On Tue, 27 May 2003 21:36:13 +0100, Phil Allen
wrote:

I'm using a Canon IXUS v3, i've only had it a couple of weeks so im
still getting to grips with it. My main problem is getting it to
autofocus on the part of the plant i'm interested in, some of the
rejected shots had the stem in focus but not the flower head.

Put your hand at the distance of the area of interest, let it auto focus
there, then swing it back to the target and continue pressure to make
the exposure. This won't work if your area of interest is less than the
minimum focal distance.

Bart

Chris Stewart 29-05-2003 05:24 AM

Pictures of plants in my garden, if your interested

om...

"Phil Allen" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Neil - picture now amended! :-)

Chris S