Old 26-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Phil Allen

Default Pictures of plants in my garden, if your interested

Hi

I've just been messing about with my new digital camera, and i've take
some pictures of some of the flowers in my garden.

They are at

http://www.photobox.co.uk/public/det...c_album=277084

let me know if you like them and i'll take some more as things start
to bloom.

Phil

Old 26-05-2003, 10:33 PM
Evelyn Usher

let me know if you like them and i'll take some more as things start
to bloom.

Hi there,

Just looked at your pictures. Your lawn is beautiful. I am a newbie to gardening. My partner has
just got a new digital camera as well, and I have a rather nice Rhododendron which I am hoping he
will take a picture of tomorrow.

\Look for ward to seeing more of your wonderful garden.

--
Evelyn

see my dogs at http://www.maltese.clara.net

Old 26-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Chris Stewart

"Phil Allen" wrote in message
Hi

I've just been messing about with my new digital camera, and i've take
some pictures of some of the flowers in my garden.

They are at

http://www.photobox.co.uk/public/det...c_album=277084

let me know if you like them and i'll take some more as things start
to bloom.

Phil

Hi Phil,
I've had a look and I like them - what camera are you using?? See my
garden photos at

http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/cntstewart - done with a Fuji 4900 zoom.

Chris S

Old 26-05-2003, 11:08 PM
martin

On Mon, 26 May 2003 22:54:25 +0100, "Chris Stewart"
wrote:

I've had a look and I like them - what camera are you using?? See my
garden photos at

http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/cntstewart - done with a Fuji 4900 zoom.

is that your wife?
--
martin
Old 27-05-2003, 09:44 PM
Phil Allen

On Mon, 26 May 2003 22:54:25 +0100, "Chris Stewart"
wrote:

"Phil Allen" wrote in message
.. .
Hi

I've just been messing about with my new digital camera, and i've take
some pictures of some of the flowers in my garden.

They are at

http://www.photobox.co.uk/public/det...c_album=277084

let me know if you like them and i'll take some more as things start
to bloom.

Phil

Hi Phil,
I've had a look and I like them - what camera are you using?? See my
garden photos at

http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/cntstewart - done with a Fuji 4900 zoom.

Chris S

Hi Chris

Thanks, you have some fine pictures and a great looking garden, I see
you have taken the time to name your pictures, i must get round to
that myself one day.

I'm using a Canon IXUS v3, i've only had it a couple of weeks so im
still getting to grips with it. My main problem is getting it to
autofocus on the part of the plant i'm interested in, some of the
rejected shots had the stem in focus but not the flower head.

cheers
Phil
Old 27-05-2003, 10:08 PM
Neil Jones

"Chris Stewart" wrote in message ...
"Phil Allen" wrote in message
Hi

I've just been messing about with my new digital camera, and i've take
some pictures of some of the flowers in my garden.

They are at

http://www.photobox.co.uk/public/det...c_album=277084

let me know if you like them and i'll take some more as things start
to bloom.

Phil

Hi Phil,
I've had a look and I like them - what camera are you using?? See my
garden photos at

http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/cntstewart - done with a Fuji 4900 zoom.

Chris S

Nice photographs. The one of the butterfly labeled "Red Admiral I
think" is actually a Small Tortoiseshell. It is a fairly close
relative that also uses nettle as a caterpillar foodplant.

--
Neil Jones- http://www.butterflyguy.com/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn
Old 28-05-2003, 12:20 AM
Bart Bailey

On Tue, 27 May 2003 21:36:13 +0100, Phil Allen
wrote:

I'm using a Canon IXUS v3, i've only had it a couple of weeks so im
still getting to grips with it. My main problem is getting it to
autofocus on the part of the plant i'm interested in, some of the
rejected shots had the stem in focus but not the flower head.

Put your hand at the distance of the area of interest, let it auto focus
there, then swing it back to the target and continue pressure to make
the exposure. This won't work if your area of interest is less than the
minimum focal distance.

Bart
Old 29-05-2003, 05:24 AM
Chris Stewart

[...]