GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Physocarpus droop (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/29943-physocarpus-droop.html)

Andrew Thomson 31-05-2003 05:44 PM

Physocarpus droop

I planted a Physocarpus Opulifolius 'Diabolo' in my garden last week. After
a few days, the tips of the branches began to soften and droop and the
leaves look poorly.

Can anyone help with:

a) diagnosing what may be wrong with my plant

b) what do I do to fix it?

TIA

Andrew

Andrew Thomson 31-05-2003 07:20 PM

Physocarpus droop

I've posted a pic of the plant.

http://www.andrewthomson.dsl.pipex.com/physocarpus.jpg

Hope this helps someone.

Andrew

Janet Baraclough 01-06-2003 12:08 AM

Physocarpus droop

The message
from "Andrew Thomson" contains these words:

I planted a Physocarpus Opulifolius 'Diabolo' in my garden last week. After
a few days, the tips of the branches began to soften and droop and the
leaves look poorly.

Can anyone help with:

a) diagnosing what may be wrong with my plant

b) what do I do to fix it?

Mine did the same at first. I watered it well, until it established.
It's a lovely plant and very tough once it settles in ; worth taking a
little trouble to give it a good start.

Janet.

Andrew Thomson 01-06-2003 12:44 AM

Physocarpus droop

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Andrew Thomson" contains these words:

I planted a Physocarpus Opulifolius 'Diabolo' in my garden last week.

After
a few days, the tips of the branches began to soften and droop and the
leaves look poorly.

Can anyone help with:

a) diagnosing what may be wrong with my plant

b) what do I do to fix it?

Mine did the same at first. I watered it well, until it established.
It's a lovely plant and very tough once it settles in ; worth taking a
little trouble to give it a good start.

Janet.

So should I keep watering? I was afraid the problems could have been caused
by overwatering.