GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Do foxes eat snails? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/30506-do-foxes-eat-snails.html)

Paul Richards 04-06-2003 08:32 PM

Do foxes eat snails?

We have an abundance of both in this area so I was just wondering...

Sheila

Jay 04-06-2003 08:56 PM

Do foxes eat snails?

No - And to make matters worse they eat chickens and ducks who do eat slugs
and snails ;~|

Jay

dommy 04-06-2003 09:25 PM

im not sure but they do eat worms, i saw one in my garden the other day pouncing around on the lawn and pulling worms up.

The Devil's Advocate 04-06-2003 09:32 PM

Do foxes eat snails?

I've seen them eating blackberries so snails aren't so far as that from what
you would expect

Paul Richards wrote:
: We have an abundance of both in this area so I was just wondering...
:
: Sheila

Robert

Malcolm 04-06-2003 09:32 PM

Do foxes eat snails?

In article , Jay
writes
"Paul Richards" wrote in message
We have an abundance of both in this area so I was just wondering...

No - And to make matters worse they eat chickens and ducks who do eat slugs
and snails ;~|

Err, actually the answer is yes. They do eat both slugs and snails,
though among invertebrates, earthworms are eaten much more.

--
Malcolm

Jay 04-06-2003 10:44 PM

Do foxes eat snails?

"Malcolm" wrote in message

In article , Jay
writes
"Paul Richards" wrote in message
We have an abundance of both in this area so I was just wondering...

No - And to make matters worse they eat chickens and ducks who do eat

slugs
and snails ;~|

Err, actually the answer is yes. They do eat both slugs and snails,
though among invertebrates, earthworms are eaten much more.

Oh sorry - are they efficient at it? -I bet they're not as good as my
chickens!

Jay

Essjay001 05-06-2003 12:56 AM

Do foxes eat snails?

Jay wrote:
No - And to make matters worse they eat chickens and ducks who do eat
slugs and snails ;~|

I wish they would eat the rooster that crows at the bottom of my garden
every night/morning