Old 04-06-2003, 08:32 PM
Paul Richards

Default Do foxes eat snails?

We have an abundance of both in this area so I was just wondering...

Sheila

Old 04-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Jay

No - And to make matters worse they eat chickens and ducks who do eat slugs
and snails ;~|

Jay

Old 04-06-2003, 09:25 PM
Registered User

Location: London

im not sure but they do eat worms, i saw one in my garden the other day pouncing around on the lawn and pulling worms up.
Old 04-06-2003, 09:32 PM
The Devil's Advocate

I've seen them eating blackberries so snails aren't so far as that from what
you would expect

Paul Richards wrote:
: We have an abundance of both in this area so I was just wondering...
:
: Sheila

Robert

Old 04-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Malcolm

In article , Jay
writes
"Paul Richards" wrote in message
We have an abundance of both in this area so I was just wondering...

No - And to make matters worse they eat chickens and ducks who do eat slugs
and snails ;~|

Err, actually the answer is yes. They do eat both slugs and snails,
though among invertebrates, earthworms are eaten much more.

--
Malcolm

Old 04-06-2003, 10:44 PM
Jay

"Malcolm" wrote in message

In article , Jay
writes
"Paul Richards" wrote in message
We have an abundance of both in this area so I was just wondering...

No - And to make matters worse they eat chickens and ducks who do eat

slugs
and snails ;~|

Err, actually the answer is yes. They do eat both slugs and snails,
though among invertebrates, earthworms are eaten much more.

Oh sorry - are they efficient at it? -I bet they're not as good as my
chickens!

Jay

Old 05-06-2003, 12:56 AM
Essjay001

Jay wrote:
No - And to make matters worse they eat chickens and ducks who do eat
slugs and snails ;~|

I wish they would eat the rooster that crows at the bottom of my garden
every night/morning