Old 07-06-2003, 07:44 AM
Evelyn Usher

Default Oriental Lilies (care of)

Hi there,

My computer wasn't working for a couple of days, something wrong with the server, forgive me if I have already sent this post.

I love oriental lilies. I have several large pots of them around my garden. Some of them are coming up for the third year. They are mostly
the yellow variety, but I have planted some, six bulbs this year. Most of them are coming on really well and vary from about six to twenty
four inches high now. None have yet flowered.

The pink ones and some white ones are taking longer though. Some have not even poked their heads through the soil yet.

My question is. Do you think I have planted them too late for this year (April) or will they still come on? Also what is the best way to look
after the ones that are thriving?

I do keep them well watered and feed them miracle grow once a week.

I live in the north of Scotland, but my garden is sheltered but does not get much sun in it ..
?

--
Evelyn ( quite new to gardening, but keen to learn)

Old 07-06-2003, 11:56 PM
hayley

I have some oriental lilies in pots. Each year I let them flower then feed
and water them as they die down. Then I ignore them until next year. So far
I've not had a problem but I've heard that you shoudl repot them every few
years (mine are in their fourth).
Hayley

Old 08-06-2003, 01:08 PM
Evelyn Usher

Thanks for you reply. Maybe should re pot them this year. When do I do that? The end of this year or next spring?

--
Evelyn in Scotland

Lilies: - Lilies-Stargazer-CU.jpg (1/1) Donn Thorson Garden Photos 2 26-12-2008 10:44 PM
oriental lilies danny22 United Kingdom 0 10-02-2008 05:07 PM
PEACE LILIES WITH NO LILIES MARTY United Kingdom 1 08-12-2005 03:09 PM
Oriental Lilies Evelyn Usher United Kingdom 0 06-06-2003 07:44 AM
*** Oriental Lilies for sale *** JMRice197 Gardening 0 04-04-2003 07:32 PM