GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Just wondering--raspberries (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/31658-just-wondering-raspberries.html)

shannie 12-06-2003 10:44 PM

Just wondering--raspberries

About 7yrs ago my ex husband planted raspberries. He did all the things the
book said, nourished them, put in stakes and wire, put up netting, generally
babied them. They all died except one which gave up after it reached about
18" tall. Today I found an enormous amount of raspberries growing under the
leylandii (about 3ft from the original planting site of 7yrs ago!) They are
almost ripe, although I haven't a clue how as they are all growing on the
north side and right in underneath.. Could these be from the originals put
in? If I took some out would they be worth planting up?....how do I take
them? do I need a root? And when?

Thanks
--

Shan (Ireland)
http://ukdiscus.com/main.htm

The Devil's Advocate 13-06-2003 06:44 AM

Just wondering--raspberries

Yes, take the new growth out with a fork in the autumn and plant where you
want them

Robert
"shannie" wrote in message
:
: About 7yrs ago my ex husband planted raspberries. He did all the things
the
: book said, nourished them, put in stakes and wire, put up netting,
generally
: babied them. They all died except one which gave up after it reached about
: 18" tall. Today I found an enormous amount of raspberries growing under
the
: leylandii (about 3ft from the original planting site of 7yrs ago!) They
are
: almost ripe, although I haven't a clue how as they are all growing on the
: north side and right in underneath.. Could these be from the originals put
: in? If I took some out would they be worth planting up?....how do I take
: them? do I need a root? And when?
:
: Thanks
: --
:
: Shan (Ireland)
:
http://ukdiscus.com/main.htm
:
:
:
:

shannie 13-06-2003 11:09 PM

"shannie" wrote in message

[...]

"The Devil's Advocate" wrote in
message ...
Yes, take the new growth out with a fork in the autumn and plant where you
want them

Then, should I managed to get the fork in amongst the leylandii roots, that
is what I will attempt to do.

Thanks :-)
Shan
: