GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hedgehog fight! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/31744-hedgehog-fight.html)

[email protected] 13-06-2003 12:57 PM

Hedgehog fight!

We were surprised to see two hedgehogs fighting last night - it looked
like a territorial disupte.

Hedgehog 1 was feeding (we put out food) then went under the bird's
ground-feeding table. Hedgehog 2 came along (at a run) and started
feeding, then H1 emerged and started ambling towards the food. H2
rushed towards it and the two head-butted each other for a little
while. Then H1 rolled into a ball and just allowed H2 to push it
about. H2 then had a little more to eat, then returned to push the
balled H1 about before running off up the garden. After a minute or
two, H1 unrolled and ran off in the opposite direction!

We've seen 3 together without problems - are fights common. Might
there have been babies around?

Tom
--
Tom Chisholm