Old 15-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Rich

Default Clematis - Lasurstern pruning?

Hi,
I've planted a Clematis - Lasurstern to climb up the fence in our back
garden.I have noticed it has got (what I believe to be) dead wood on
it.Should I cut this off or is it best just left?It has also flowered and
now the flower has died,should I remove this too or does it fall off in
time?
I've never had one of these before, so would be grateful of any tips.
Thanks
Amanda
Old 15-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Emrys Davies

'Amanda',

Your 'Lasurstern' in in group 2 for pruning purposes.

Than means you prune in February or early March, when the plant is
growing strongly and it is possible to see buds of new growth forming.

Remove all the dead and weak growth and then cut back all stems to the
healthiest pair of buds. Tie in the branches securely, spacing them
evenly over the support.

Leave the dead flowers as they are decorative.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

om...