GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Helleborus foetidus (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/32557-helleborus-foetidus.html)

papa 17-06-2003 11:08 AM

Helleborus foetidus

Could somebody describe to me (or better yet have some pictures?) the
difference between the 'bog stantard' H. foetidus and the the Wester Flisk
cultivar? Can't seem to find much with a web search...

Thanks

Philip

Paul Kelly 17-06-2003 11:22 AM

Helleborus foetidus

"papa" (remove nospam to reply) wrote in
message ...
Could somebody describe to me (or better yet have some pictures?) the
difference between the 'bog stantard' H. foetidus and the the Wester Flisk
cultivar? Can't seem to find much with a web search...

http://plantsdatabase.com/go/53040/

http://plantsdatabase.com/showpicture/8338.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plant...ges/3913.shtml

http://www.hort.net/gallery/view/ran/helfowf/ Best picture

pk

Nick Apostolakis 17-06-2003 12:56 PM

Helleborus foetidus

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:00:35 +0300, papa wrote:

Could somebody describe to me (or better yet have some pictures?) the
difference between the 'bog stantard' H. foetidus and the the Wester
Flisk cultivar? Can't seem to find much with a web search...

Thanks

Philip

you can search for the image in the google.
at the images section.

Barry & Iris McCanna 17-06-2003 07:43 PM

Helleborus foetidus

"papa" (remove nospam to reply) wrote
in message ...
Could somebody describe to me (or better yet have some pictures?)

the
difference between the 'bog stantard' H. foetidus and the the Wester

Flisk
cultivar? Can't seem to find much with a web search...

Thanks

Philip

Philip,

"Wester Flisk" has red stems.

Iris McCanna

Janet Baraclough 17-06-2003 08:56 PM

Helleborus foetidus

The message
from "papa" (remove nospam to reply)
contains these words:

Could somebody describe to me (or better yet have some pictures?) the
difference between the 'bog stantard' H. foetidus and the the Wester Flisk
cultivar? Can't seem to find much with a web search...

ISTR Wester Flisk has redder stems. Search for both in Google images,
to compare.

Janet.

martin 17-06-2003 08:56 PM

Helleborus foetidus

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:11:05 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from "papa" (remove nospam to reply)
contains these words:

Could somebody describe to me (or better yet have some pictures?) the
difference between the 'bog stantard' H. foetidus and the the Wester Flisk
cultivar? Can't seem to find much with a web search...

ISTR Wester Flisk has redder stems. Search for both in Google images,
to compare.

De Amorphophallus Titanum, AKA penisplant is in flower at the Hortus
Botanicus of Leiedn University.

Photo of another one at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/627166.stm
--
martin