GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Helleborus Orientalis Seeds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/32560-helleborus-orientalis-seeds.html)

Janice 17-06-2003 11:56 AM

Helleborus Orientalis Seeds

I've collected seeds from my helleborus orientalis. Now what do I do with
them? Do they need special heat or cold treatment, or soaking. And when do
I sow them?

Thanks.

papa 17-06-2003 12:20 PM

Helleborus Orientalis Seeds

In trying to find more on Hellbores myself this morning I came across the
following website http://www.hellebore.com/ which has pretty much all you
need to know on propogation and care of Hellebores. Just follow the drop
down menus...

HTH

Philip

Pam Moore 17-06-2003 05:56 PM

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:49:22 +0100, "Janice" wrote:

I've collected seeds from my helleborus orientalis. Now what do I do with
them? Do they need special heat or cold treatment, or soaking. And when do
I sow them?

In my experience, sow them fresh, and just leave them to it. They
germinate much better when fresh.

Pam in Bristol

JennyC 18-06-2003 08:20 AM

"Janice" wrote in message
I've collected seeds from my helleborus orientalis. Now what do I

do with
them? Do they need special heat or cold treatment, or soaking. And

when do
I sow them?

Thanks.

I just scatter the seeds into the soil around the parent plant - stand
back and await a nice surprise in the spring :~))
Jenny