Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-06-2003, 09:08 AM
Dee

Default Watering while away

I cant't get the usal helpers to do some watering for us while we are away
for a long weekend in a couple of weeks time.
I thought I might try the following.

Make a small hole (or 2) in the screw cap of a 2 litre drinks bottles, cut
off the base, invert in the ground by each tomato plant and fill with water.
My toms are in large plastic pots sunk into the soil borders of the
greenhouse.

For the hanging baskets, geraniums, (only 3) I thought I'd take them down
and place on top of a bucket filled with water with perhaps a much smaller
bottle as above. I'd also leave them in the shade.

Has anyone done anything similar? Any comments as to whether this will keep
the plants from drying out over a 5 day period in early July in SE London.

Thanks

AndyP