GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   manure with wood shavings (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/35286-manure-wood-shavings.html)

Mike Forey 02-07-2003 10:46 PM

manure with wood shavings

Hello all,

There is a huge pile of horse manure mixed with wood shavings at a farm near
to me.

Most of it has been there quite a long time, so I should think it is well
rotted.

Digging down into it , it is all black and quite moist.

Is this stuff OK to use?

Thanks in advance,
Mike.

Ric 03-07-2003 11:44 AM

manure with wood shavings

"Mike Forey" wrote in message
Is this stuff OK to use?

No no - utter poison. It'll kill everything in your garden. Please let me
know where it is and I will come and take it all off your hands :-)

bnd777 03-07-2003 06:32 PM

manure with wood shavings

Rubbish its fine

Chris French and Helen Johnson 04-07-2003 03:56 PM

manure with wood shavings

In message , bnd777
writes
Rubbish its fine

I think you missed the humour.
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ:

bnd777 04-07-2003 11:32 PM

manure with wood shavings

probably

"Chris French and Helen Johnson" wrote in
message ...