Old 03-07-2003, 04:32 PM
Trudy Parkes

Default cats

any cheap hints for deterring cats from using my garden as a toilet?????

--
Trudy

Old 03-07-2003, 05:15 PM
Mike

In article , Trudy Parkes
writes
any cheap hints for deterring cats from using my garden as a toilet?????

snare

skin

eat

they won't do it again.

British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more
National Service (RAF) Association Scarborough. Nov 7th - 10th (Nearly Full)

Old 03-07-2003, 05:21 PM
martin

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 16:53:56 +0100, Mike
wrote:

In article , Trudy Parkes
writes
any cheap hints for deterring cats from using my garden as a toilet?????

snare

skin

eat

they won't do it again.

Has BSE spread to cats or what?
--
martin
Old 03-07-2003, 06:11 PM
Ron

"Trudy Parkes" wrote in message
any cheap hints for deterring cats from using my garden as a toilet?????

--
Trudy

Visit the www dot gonegardening site - use google to find it. They have a
variety of things. I've got a crowscarer and even my granddaughter's dogs
are scared to enter that part of the garden to retrieve a ball!

Regards

Ron.

P.S. Find out how to look at the archives and you'll find Mike was quite
often talking on the subject!!!

Old 04-07-2003, 05:46 AM
Hobby Gardener

Location: Harrow, Middx

Trudy,

I operate a mirror of this newsgroup, and this subject is a source of frustration to many (thankfully not me). A good place to start will be some of the recent posts at
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/search...der=descending
There is also a cat FAQ at http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/faqcats1.htm

On a similar note, THE most common search term on the GardenBanter website is for Coleus canina, a plant that is supposed to deter dogs & cats because of the smell.

The people at bionet.plants are however, less than impressed with it's qualities.
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/showth...8986#post78986

Good luck.

Old 04-07-2003, 09:20 AM
Janice

"kevinmiddleton" wrote
On a similar note, THE most common search term on the GardenBanter
website is for Coleus canina, a plant that is supposed to deter dogs &
cats because of the smell.

The people at bionet.plants are however, less than impressed with it's
qualities.

I agree. I was suckered into buying these "pee-off" plants. The
neighbourhood cats took delight in doing their nasty business directly on
top of the plants!

Old 06-07-2003, 06:45 PM
More to Wiggle

"Trudy Parkes" wrote in message
any cheap hints for deterring cats from using my garden as a toilet?????

--
Trudy

Tiger poo! Seriously. My father-in-law used to work at a zoo and his
garden was the local toilet of all neighbourhood cats. The zoo owner gave
him a small amount of tiger stuff which he smeared around parts of the
garden boundary and it worked a treat.

Warning - tigers are giant cats. Tiger poo is giant cat poo. Tiger poo can
smell proportionally worse so use sparingly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vicky

Old 07-07-2003, 02:17 AM
David Hill

First catch your tiger

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Cats Lozzie Gardening 2 03-02-2004 08:43 PM
Cats terrorise my fish! Scooby Don't Ponds 22 22-12-2003 07:12 AM
Cats any ideas update auntie_biotic United Kingdom 3 25-04-2003 12:08 AM
cats julie manns United Kingdom 82 07-04-2003 07:56 AM
cats Oxymel of Squill United Kingdom 1 19-01-2003 01:04 AM