Old 04-07-2003, 07:20 AM
welshuser

Default Cats

I know this is a favourite of the group, but what is the best way of
controlling the activities of cats on my garden?

Tried the twig method, they just move around and find another patch...

Could I permanently tie my staff near the garden, for example...lmfaoo

Old 04-07-2003, 02:56 PM
Ron

Start dropping hints that you would like a crowscarer for your birthday or
Christmas. Cats come into your garden, get squirted with water and it
happens next time and next . . . . They do not hang around long enough to
leave their calling card, and very soon they do not even come!

I only switch mine on now and then and I think even the vixen which used to
call round has got the message. Mind you, when I first had it I forgot it
was on once or twice and had showers to remind me!!

Regards

Ron

Old 04-07-2003, 03:32 PM
Sydney

Ron,

The crow scarer sounds like something I need as well - where does one
purchase one from ?

cheers

Sydney

Old 04-07-2003, 06:08 PM
Ron

Sydney,

There's a site named www dit gonegardening something or other and they show
one in their catalogue. However, I bought one locally and cheaper at - of
all places - an aquatic shop. The scarer is also good against herons it is
claimed. The gonegarden price is about 70 pounds but I was getting more
sh - - in my garden than soil!!!

Regards

Ron

Old 06-07-2003, 01:32 AM
John Owens

"welshuser" wrote in message
I know this is a favourite of the group, but what is the best way of
controlling the activities of cats on my garden?

Tried the twig method, they just move around and find another patch...

Could I permanently tie my staff near the garden, for example...lmfaoo

Just get a cat. They are available for free, are generally low maintenance
and quite rewarding.
(But I would personally recommend a neutered one form a cats home rather
than a 'precious one' or one that might breed. I like cats but unfettered
breeding is irresponsible).

--
John Owens

Fax 44 1509 89 08 22
www.GoodViews.co.uk

Cats Lozzie Gardening 2 03-02-2004 08:43 PM
Cats terrorise my fish! Scooby Don't Ponds 22 22-12-2003 07:12 AM
Cats any ideas update auntie_biotic United Kingdom 3 25-04-2003 12:08 AM
cats julie manns United Kingdom 82 07-04-2003 07:56 AM
cats Oxymel of Squill United Kingdom 1 19-01-2003 01:04 AM