GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Is it too late for Potatoes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/35731-too-late-potatoes.html)

Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt 07-07-2003 08:54 AM

Is it too late for Potatoes

Hi,

Could I plant some potatoes now please? I live in Reading, Berkshire, U.K.

Rajinder

Chris Norton 07-07-2003 12:56 PM

Is it too late for Potatoes

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 08:36:33 +0100, "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt"
wrote:

Hi,

Could I plant some potatoes now please? I live in Reading, Berkshire, U.K.

Rajinder

Not according to D.T.Brown or Marshalls. Both have Autumn catalogues
with some tates in.

John Towill 07-07-2003 01:20 PM

Is it too late for Potatoes

wrote:

Hi,

Could I plant some potatoes now please? I live in Reading, Berkshire,

U.K.

Rajinder

Not according to D.T.Brown or Marshalls. Both have Autumn catalogues
with some tates in.

Last year I planted some from Browns in lat August, protected with fleece
and had lovely need spuds for Xmas
Cheers
John T

Chris Norton 08-07-2003 09:32 AM

Is it too late for Potatoes

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 13:21:48 +0100, "John Towill"
wrote:

Last year I planted some from Browns in lat August, protected with fleece
and had lovely need spuds for Xmas
Cheers
John T

Browns pretty good to deal with? Next door neighbour and I both want
some raspberry canes this autumn for the allotments (got the neighbour
in our site too!) and we`d like a mix of early summer and autumn
varietys. However, buying 36 canes is too mucho for a couple as the
yield would be WAY over what we would eat. I am tempted by the all
season collection which is 36 (12 of 3 varietes) for £42.25. Split
between us will be about a nice raspberry plot each with a picking
time from mid june to late autumn.

John Towill 09-07-2003 01:08 PM

Is it too late for Potatoes

"Chris Norton" Browns pretty good to deal with? Next door neighbour and I
both want
some raspberry canes this autumn for the allotments (got the neighbour
in our site too!) and we`d like a mix of early summer and autumn
varietys. However, buying 36 canes is too mucho for a couple as the
yield would be WAY over what we would eat. I am tempted by the all
season collection which is 36 (12 of 3 varietes) for £42.25. Split
between us will be about a nice raspberry plot each with a picking
time from mid june to late autumn.

They were fine for the spuds, but I got my fruit from Ken Muir (on the web),
and
am very happy with them.
Cheers
John T

Chris Norton 10-07-2003 11:08 AM

Is it too late for Potatoes

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 13:02:35 +0100, "John Towill"
wrote:

"Chris Norton" Browns pretty good to deal with? Next door neighbour and I
both want
some raspberry canes this autumn for the allotments (got the neighbour
in our site too!) and we`d like a mix of early summer and autumn
varietys. However, buying 36 canes is too mucho for a couple as the
yield would be WAY over what we would eat. I am tempted by the all
season collection which is 36 (12 of 3 varietes) for £42.25. Split
between us will be about a nice raspberry plot each with a picking
time from mid june to late autumn.

They were fine for the spuds, but I got my fruit from Ken Muir (on the web),
and
am very happy with them.
Cheers
John T

Thanks John,

Using a supplier for the first time is always a worry. One good thing
for me about Marshalls is that they are from Wisbech, Cambs which is
where I work so I can go and bully them a bit if things go wrong with
em.