Old 07-07-2003, 08:54 AM
Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Default Is it too late for Potatoes

Hi,

Could I plant some potatoes now please? I live in Reading, Berkshire, U.K.

Rajinder

Old 07-07-2003, 12:56 PM
Chris Norton

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 08:36:33 +0100, "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt"
wrote:

Hi,

Could I plant some potatoes now please? I live in Reading, Berkshire, U.K.

Rajinder

Not according to D.T.Brown or Marshalls. Both have Autumn catalogues
with some tates in.
Old 07-07-2003, 01:20 PM
John Towill

wrote:

Hi,

Could I plant some potatoes now please? I live in Reading, Berkshire,

U.K.

Rajinder

Not according to D.T.Brown or Marshalls. Both have Autumn catalogues
with some tates in.

Last year I planted some from Browns in lat August, protected with fleece
and had lovely need spuds for Xmas
Cheers
John T

Old 08-07-2003, 09:32 AM
Chris Norton

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 13:21:48 +0100, "John Towill"
wrote:

Last year I planted some from Browns in lat August, protected with fleece
and had lovely need spuds for Xmas
Cheers
John T

Browns pretty good to deal with? Next door neighbour and I both want
some raspberry canes this autumn for the allotments (got the neighbour
in our site too!) and we`d like a mix of early summer and autumn
varietys. However, buying 36 canes is too mucho for a couple as the
yield would be WAY over what we would eat. I am tempted by the all
season collection which is 36 (12 of 3 varietes) for £42.25. Split
between us will be about a nice raspberry plot each with a picking
time from mid june to late autumn.
Old 09-07-2003, 01:08 PM
John Towill

"Chris Norton" Browns pretty good to deal with? Next door neighbour and I
both want
some raspberry canes this autumn for the allotments (got the neighbour
in our site too!) and we`d like a mix of early summer and autumn
varietys. However, buying 36 canes is too mucho for a couple as the
yield would be WAY over what we would eat. I am tempted by the all
season collection which is 36 (12 of 3 varietes) for £42.25. Split
between us will be about a nice raspberry plot each with a picking
time from mid june to late autumn.

They were fine for the spuds, but I got my fruit from Ken Muir (on the web),
and
am very happy with them.
Cheers
John T

Old 10-07-2003, 11:08 AM
Chris Norton

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 13:02:35 +0100, "John Towill"
wrote:

"Chris Norton" Browns pretty good to deal with? Next door neighbour and I
both want
some raspberry canes this autumn for the allotments (got the neighbour
in our site too!) and we`d like a mix of early summer and autumn
varietys. However, buying 36 canes is too mucho for a couple as the
yield would be WAY over what we would eat. I am tempted by the all
season collection which is 36 (12 of 3 varietes) for £42.25. Split
between us will be about a nice raspberry plot each with a picking
time from mid june to late autumn.

They were fine for the spuds, but I got my fruit from Ken Muir (on the web),
and
am very happy with them.
Cheers
John T

Thanks John,

Using a supplier for the first time is always a worry. One good thing
for me about Marshalls is that they are from Wisbech, Cambs which is
where I work so I can go and bully them a bit if things go wrong with
em.

How late is too late? ZeroWing North Carolina 3 20-06-2005 12:24 AM
How late is too late? FBCS Ponds 12 29-08-2003 01:04 AM
Help! Brown lawn. Too short, Too long, Too much water or Too lois Lawns 0 27-08-2003 03:24 AM
Is it too late to plant potatoes? Colin Malsingh United Kingdom 7 21-07-2003 01:02 PM