Old 07-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Michael Savage

Default Potatoes - early or main crop?

Hi everyone

I was allowed to take a few seed spuds free of charge from the local shop,
and took 4 earlies and 4 main crop (first time growing them and only a tiny
bed ready). I thought I'd remembered which were which but now I'm not so
sure...the ones I thought were earlies are low-growing and flowerless, the
ones I thought were main crop are twice the heght and starting to flower.

I've had a quick feel underneath, and both types have tubers, maybe smaller
on the ones I thought were main crop.

Is there a sure-fire way of telling? or should I just pull up one of each
and see what's there?

Michael S

Old 07-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Michael Savage

Sorry everyone, posted before synchronising and seeing welshman's post.
Thanks for useful advice. I planted late so I'll just wait till some of them
die back.

Michael S

Old 08-07-2003, 07:44 AM
welshman

"Michael Savage" wrote in
message ...
Sorry everyone, posted before synchronising and seeing welshman's post.
Thanks for useful advice. I planted late so I'll just wait till some of

them
die back.

Michael S

lol, and me as it happens. Planted late and my mum assures me I have earlies
that have not quite started dying yet. Tried the potatoes last night with a
pork roast and were wonderful