GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pak Choi (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/36031-pak-choi.html)

The Reid 09-07-2003 05:56 PM

Pak Choi

I have grown the same pak choi as last year but this time it has just
bolted and flowered, was it the weather?
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso

Tim Tyler 09-07-2003 08:48 PM

Pak Choi

The Reid wrote:

: I have grown the same pak choi as last year but this time it has just
: bolted and flowered, was it the weather?

Mine also bolted pretty fast - but I managed to get a fair number of
young leaves first.

The slugs liked my Pak Choi. I find they often share my tastes ;-)
--

Gary Woods 09-07-2003 09:11 PM

Pak Choi

The Reid wrote:

I have grown the same pak choi as last year but this time it has just
bolted and flowered, was it the weather?

Pak Choi likes it cool.... here in the U.S. I plant a batch early to
harvest for seed, then some from early August onward to eat. This year I
plan to rip up the plants that bolt first in an effort to breed for delayed
flowering, hoping that I won't just breeding for slow-growing ones!