Old 12-07-2003, 02:32 PM
MadAxeman

Default Soil Compactation

Hi all,

I have a problem with my lawn... I hope someone can help !!!

I rotorvated my garden last year, rolled it and then put down some garden
seed, the seed seemed to take really quickly but then just stopped
growing...

My garden now feels like concrete and in the summer I cannot get a fork into
it. When I rotorvated it I also levelled it off as well so may have pulled
up clay....

I think there is heavy soil compactation and am wondering how to sort it
out....

Is it worth throwing loads of compost over the top and leaving it, will I
need to re-rotorvate it or should I just buy lots of top soil and chuck it
over...

Please Help

Cheers
Matt

Old 12-07-2003, 04:20 PM
pied piper

"MadAxeman" wrote in message
[...]

water it soak it every night then spike it dontthrow comp[ost as u will get
a root break