GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tomato feeding (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/36430-tomato-feeding.html)

Annabel 13-07-2003 02:08 PM

Tomato feeding

I have grown tomatoes for the fist time in many years and want to know
about feeding.. The thing is this:- I use slow release fertiliser when
potting plants and have used it full strength on the tomatoes, should I
supplementary feed with a tomato fertiliser and if so at what strength.

Annabel

Druss 15-07-2003 03:07 PM

Tomato feeding

"Annabel" wrote in message
I have grown tomatoes for the fist time in many years and want to know
about feeding.. The thing is this:- I use slow release fertiliser when
potting plants and have used it full strength on the tomatoes, should I
supplementary feed with a tomato fertiliser and if so at what strength.

Annabel

I'd probably feed them with the normal (reccomended) strength fertalizer
once a week when they are actively growing fruits. Then again I tend to use
comfrey liquid and sheep-poo dip!, so the strengths may be totally
different.
Duncan