GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What is this plant called? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/36656-what-plant-called.html)

Rich 15-07-2003 09:57 AM

What is this plant called?

Hi,
On my way home yesterday I saw this really nice bush.
It was about 18 inches high and had blue (shape of a tennis ball)
flowers.
The flowers were actually like balls in the bush.They were not like
flowers with petels.
It was very nice and I thought about buying one and putting it in my
front garden.The only problem is that I don't know what it is called!
I have seen pink ones but they never really "stood out".
I can't really describe it any other way.Any sugestions would be great
as I could look them up on the net to see if that is the one.
Thanks

Barry & Iris McCanna 15-07-2003 09:57 AM

What is this plant called?

"Rich" wrote in message
om...
Hi,
On my way home yesterday I saw this really nice bush.
It was about 18 inches high and had blue (shape of a tennis ball)
flowers.
The flowers were actually like balls in the bush.They were not like
flowers with petels.
It was very nice and I thought about buying one and putting it in my
front garden.The only problem is that I don't know what it is

called!
I have seen pink ones but they never really "stood out".
I can't really describe it any other way.Any sugestions would be

great
as I could look them up on the net to see if that is the one.
Thanks

Rich,

Probably a hydrangea. If you want a good blue then your soil needs to
be acid.

Iris McCanna