Old 15-07-2003, 09:57 AM
Rich

Default What is this plant called?

Hi,
On my way home yesterday I saw this really nice bush.
It was about 18 inches high and had blue (shape of a tennis ball)
flowers.
The flowers were actually like balls in the bush.They were not like
flowers with petels.
It was very nice and I thought about buying one and putting it in my
front garden.The only problem is that I don't know what it is called!
I have seen pink ones but they never really "stood out".
I can't really describe it any other way.Any sugestions would be great
as I could look them up on the net to see if that is the one.
Thanks
Old 15-07-2003, 09:57 AM
Barry & Iris McCanna

"Rich" wrote in message
om...
Hi,
On my way home yesterday I saw this really nice bush.
It was about 18 inches high and had blue (shape of a tennis ball)
flowers.
The flowers were actually like balls in the bush.They were not like
flowers with petels.
It was very nice and I thought about buying one and putting it in my
front garden.The only problem is that I don't know what it is

called!
I have seen pink ones but they never really "stood out".
I can't really describe it any other way.Any sugestions would be

great
as I could look them up on the net to see if that is the one.
Thanks

Rich,

Probably a hydrangea. If you want a good blue then your soil needs to
be acid.

Iris McCanna