GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Need something really smelly (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/38443-need-something-really-smelly.html)

Nearly Done! 27-07-2003 01:43 PM

Need something really smelly

Hi,

I've got a proble with kids going into a small outbuilding just beyond
my property. I need something natural, non hazardous, very messy and
very smelly to deter them from going in. I've got it into my head that
the best place to ask would be here!

Any ideas what I could use and where I'd get it from?

Ta!

David Hill 27-07-2003 03:04 PM

Need something really smelly

Just water with some Armilatok, smell will last for several weeks, non
toxic.
I used it as a barrier to stop Badgers raiding my sweet corn, lasted for
almost a month outside.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

andrewpreece 27-07-2003 04:04 PM

Need something really smelly

What was that thread a month or two back about nettle manure?
ISTR that respondents reckoned it had the worst smell ever...

Andy

Essjay001 27-07-2003 06:14 PM

Nearly Done! wrote:
Hi,

I've got a proble with kids going into a small outbuilding just beyond
my property. I need something natural, non hazardous, very messy and
very smelly to deter them from going in. I've got it into my head that
the best place to ask would be here!

Giant Hogweed!
Steve R

---
One piece, one button suit, timeless fashion. All made by the same
manufacturer, no designer label, everybody has one.

The Q 27-07-2003 08:02 PM

Need something really smelly

"Nearly Done!" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I've got a proble with kids going into a small outbuilding just beyond
my property. I need something natural, non hazardous, very messy and
very smelly to deter them from going in. I've got it into my head that
the best place to ask would be here!

Any ideas what I could use and where I'd get it from?

Ta!

there is a black deterrent grease sold but where I don't know,(security
firms?) you are supposed to put it out of reach on fences so only those
climbing over will get covered...
The Q

Janet Baraclough 27-07-2003 08:25 PM

Need something really smelly

The message
from (Nearly Done!) contains these words:

Hi,

I've got a proble with kids going into a small outbuilding just beyond
my property. I need something natural, non hazardous, very messy and
very smelly to deter them from going in.

The edge of your boundary sounds like an ideal location for a comfrey
or nettle liquid fertilizer barrel, without a lid.

Janet.

Pete 27-07-2003 09:33 PM

"The Q" wrote in message

"Nearly Done!" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I've got a proble with kids going into a small outbuilding just beyond
my property. I need something natural, non hazardous, very messy and
very smelly to deter them from going in. I've got it into my head that
the best place to ask would be here!

Any ideas what I could use and where I'd get it from?

Ta!

there is a black deterrent grease sold but where I don't know,(security
firms?) you are supposed to put it out of reach on fences so only those
climbing over will get covered...

Screwfix sell it. It is called Anti-Intruder paint

see:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea/...&cd=1&x=15&y=6

Pete

The Q

Jason Pope 27-07-2003 10:04 PM

Nearly Done! wrote:
Hi,

I've got a proble with kids going into a small outbuilding just beyond
my property. I need something natural, non hazardous, very messy and
very smelly to deter them from going in. I've got it into my head that
the best place to ask would be here!

Any ideas what I could use and where I'd get it from?

Ta!

Kill one of the kids and let him rot,................alternatively you
can get a nice piece of pork or suchlike and leave it to fester in the